Caveat: The capacities and applications of artificial intelligence are developing rapidly. There may be a lag between updating advice on this page and the most recent changes in this field.
- Definitions and history
- What’s happening now with AI globally
- Artificial Intelligence-Overview (Global Challenges Foundation)
- The Path to Trustworthy AI: G7 Outcomes and Implications for Global AI Governance
- What’s happening now with AI & work
- What’s happening now with AI & personal lives
- What’s happening now with AI & education
- Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Teaching and Learning (U.S. Department of Education, Office of Educational Technology)
- AI: Considerations for Teaching and Learning (Ohio State University)
- Guidance for the Use of Generative AI (UCLA Center for the Advancement of Teaching)
- How to Use ChatGPT as a Learning Tool (American Psychological Association)
*Note: CUNY has yet to create a university-wide policy for AI and instruction although multiple CUNY institutions have individual resource pages and recommendations: see here for ChatGPT resources and CUNY college and program links.